Northern Michigan Dragway
Friday, August 24, 2012
NMD Approaches End of Points Season
KALEVA, Mich. -- The 2012 JadosMedia.com points season is down to the final two events at Northern Michigan Dragway. Points leaders in each division are enjoying comfortable margins, but with contenders in striking distance in each, anything can happen.
Eric Johnson of Onekama has the largest lead. With a runner-up finish at event #10 two weeks ago, he moved up to a commanding 67 point lead in Bracket I over Travis Milliman of Bear Lake. Milliman will need a combination of event wins, higher-number racer turnouts, and early round losses by Johnson to have a chance to overtake the lead.
The Bracket II points leader, Scott Green of Manistee, also used a runner-up finish at event #10 to increase his lead. However, East Jordan's Scott Eriksen kept on his heels with a semi-final round finish of his own to stay close in 2nd. Green leads by 48 points, and with a minimum of 48 points up for grabs at each of the last two events, this story is far from over.
In Pro Trophy, Ed Peffer of LeRoy re-gained the lead he held most of the season with a class win, while Manistee's Gary Rank sat helpless on the sidelines with an engine failure. Rank says he hopes to have it back together for the next event. The battle for the championship in Pro Trophy has only 15 points separating the top two.
In Street Trophy, Jimmy Evans of Benzonia has a 30 point lead over Thompsonville's Robert Knop. In Junior Eliminator, Drew Bouzis of Hart leads by 32 points over Thompsonville's Cheyenne Douglas. Both of these divisions are definitely undecided as well.
The drama will continue to unfold this coming weekend with a Night Moves event at 7 pm Friday night, followed by Saturday night's points event #11. Saturday Time Trials set for 6 pm, and eliminations will start at approximately 8:30. For further information visit NorthernMichiganDragway.net or call (231)362-3439
Top 5 each division JadosMedia.com Points
1. Eric Johnson, Onekama, 66 Nova, 208
2. Travis Milliman, Bear Lake, 86 Firebird, 141
3. Klint Bailey, Clare, 72 Dart, 129
4. Erin Staley, Kalamazoo, Dragster, 95
5. Tim Heiges, Traverse City, 95 Beretta, 88
1. Scott Green, Manistee, 74 Nova, 264
2. Scott Eriksen, East Jordan, 69 Camaro, 216
3. Rick Larocque, Beulah, 00 Mustang, 179
4. Kevin Huntley, Beulah, 70 Duster, 168
5. Bill Fluette, Interlochen, 86 Monte Carlo SS, 166
1. Ed Peffer, LeRoy, 75 Vega, 194
2. Gary Rank, II, Manistee, 89 Mustang, 179
3. Dennis Gilman, Bear Lake, 82 Firebird, 118
4. Jason Watt, Bear Lake, 86 Mustang, 117
5. Dean Spaulding, Mesick, 87 Monte Carlo SS, 88
1. Jimmy Evans, Benzonia, 72 Monte Carlo, 209
2. Robert Knop, Thompsonville, 66 Barracuda, 179
3. Jim Evans, Benzonia, 71 Skylark, 145
4. Gary Bowman, Prescott, 87 Corvette, 137
5. Rhet Brewer, Eastlake, 94 Honda, 77
1. Drew Bouzis, Hart, Honda, 84
2. Cheyenne Douglas, Thompsonville, Dragster, 52
3. Nathan Lane, Fife Lake, Dragster, 50
4. Lane Ledford, Jared Ledford, Austin Williams, 33 tie
5. Madisyn McCormick, Fountain, Dragster, 23