Rocky Mountain Raceways
Sunday, August 12, 2012
Summit Racing Bigfoot Conquers Maverik Clash of the Titans XVI at Rocky Mountain Raceways
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah -- Rocky Mountain Raceways concluded its’ Maverik Clash of the Titans XVI weekend with a monster truck freestyle competition and exciting short-track racing in the Super Stock and Hornet divisions.
Dan Runte in the Summit Racing Bigfoot took the win over Jimmy Creten in the Bounty Hunter in the monster truck race finals. “He was right with me, it was a tough competition,” said Runte of his near side-by-side finish with Creten.
Creten, the defending freestyle champion, proved once again why he is wildest freestyle competitor at Maverik Clash of the Titans; unleashing on the freestyle obstacles. Creten won the judges and spectators over with big jumps and a doughnut on the grass infield that gave new meaning to the term agricultural racing.
In ASA weekly racing, #77 Barry Egolf immediately shot to the lead position of the Super Stock main; holding off #95 Greg Young, #69 Mike Wade and #13 Tim Fahrner. Fahrner started in fifth and worked his way on the inside and outside to get to the front.
By lap 11 of the 30 lap main, Fahrner had worked his way to the front and held onto the lead for the win. Young finished in second, Lawrence in third, #27x Tony Walters in fourth and Egolf in fifth. This is Fahrner’s first win in the 2012 racing season. He currently sits in second for the 2012 campaign just 88 points behind Lawrence.
#43 Jayden Park picked up his first career win in the Hornet 20-lap main. The 14 year-old from West Jordan, Utah started the grand prix style race in first and succeeded in defeating championed Hornet Racers. #31 Dana Combs came in second, #59 Travis Foltz in third, #30 Nathan Walker in fourth and #18 Daniel Calligaro round out the top five.
“Seeing Jayden win tonight was great, it does nothing but perpetuate the belief that you can race and be competitive at any age. Jayden’s dad, Rodney Park, does a fantastic job teaching him how to race respectfully and I look forward to watching him race for many years to come,” says Mike Eames, Rocky Mountain Raceways General Manager.
ASA Weekly Racing will continue at Rocky Mountain Raceways on Saturday, August 18 with a Maverik Modified Double Main, Super Stocks, Mini Cups, Figure-8 Cars, Hornets and Howe Rental and Sales Figure-8 Trains.
About Rocky Mountain Raceways
Celebrating its 16th season of racing, Rocky Mountain Raceways is Utah’s premiere motorsports venue for short-track oval racing, drag racing and motocross racing. For more information about Rocky Mountain Raceways visit www.rmrracing.com.
Rocky Mountain Raceways ASA Weekly Race Results
Saturday, August 11
Heat Race 1
1. #95 Greg Young, 2. #77 Barry Egolf, 3. #69 Mike Wade, 4. #27B Beau Hutchison, 5. #33 Mike Thompson, 6. #29 Cale Perkins
Heat Race 2
1. #13 Tim Fahrner, 2. #27X Tony Walters, 3. #73 Gary Fahrner, 4. #11 Brandon Egolf, 5. #25 Dillion Lawrence
Main (30 Laps)
1. #13 Tim Fahrner, 2. #95 Greg Young, 3. #25 Dillion Lawrence, 4. #27X Tony Walters, 5. #77 Barry Egolf, 6. #27B Beau Hutchison, 7. #11 Brandon Egolf, 8. #33 Mike Thompson, 9. #73 Gary Fahrner, 10. 29 Cale Perkins, 11. #69 Mike Wade
Heat Race 1
1. #18 Daniel Calligaro, 2. #59 Travis Foltz, 3. #16 David Baity, 4. #43 Jayden Park, 5. #5 Mark Barlow, 6. #12 Lissa Hutchings, 7. #81 Ethan Baity, 8. #15 Chris Thomas
Heat Race 2
1. #30 Nathan Walker, 2. #88 Brandon Sainsbury, 3. #31 Dana Combs, 4. #13 James Baity, 5. #44 Gary Conrad, 6. #2 Nathan Andersen, 7. #4 Bobbi Quintana, 8. #33 Joshua Murray
Main (20 Laps)
1. #43 Jayden Park, 2. #31 Dana Combs, 3. #59 Travis Foltz, 4. #30 Nathan Walker, 5. #18 Daniel Calligaro, 6. #13 James Baity, 7. #44 Gary Conrad, 8. #33 Joshua Murray, 9. #81 Ethan Baity, 10. #15 Chris Thomas, 11. #2 Nathan Andersen, 12. #16 David Baity, 13. #4 Bobbi Quintana