Saturday, May 19, 2012
Seifert Claims Second 600 Micro Win; Laughman Ties for Third on All Time Win List
HANOVER, Pa. -- After the first two attempts to start the 600cc Micro Sprint feature resulted in a yellow and a red flag for a four-car tangle in turns one and two, Shawn Seifert lined up on the front row.
Brett Widener, Larry Thompson, Travis Scott, and David Holbrook were involved in the first lap red which ended the night for Scott and Holbrook.
“Last week we were real good and something broke… so we replaced a bunch of stuff.” explained Seifert after exiting his Bryan Ford sponsored #1 in victory lane at the conclusion of the 20-lap event.
When asked about second place finisher Todd Hoover, Seifert said, “Was I worried? Yeah, he’s been around for a while.”
Third through fifth were Bo Gordon, JD Harman, and Chase Dietz, who battled through the field after he stopped on the track and was sent to the rear during the opening lap caution.
Seifert’s only challenges from Hoover came during the closing laps, but Hoover was unable to pull beside Seifert.
Sixth through tenth were Josh Mehring, Brad Weber, Jeremy Glass, and Spencer Wassilewski.
Heat winners for the 18 600cc Micro Sprints were Colton Laughman and Larry Thompson.
Bill Laughman’s win in the 20-lap 270cc Micro Sprint feature was his second win in a row, his third win of the season, and tied him for third on the Trail-Way Speedway “All Time Winner’s List’. Laughman and Steve Owings now both have 29 career wins in the 270cc Micro Sprint division.
“That’s a good accomplishment,” said Laughman in victory lane of the record setting win, “Anytime you can run up with them and have wins with Owings and Gobrecht, that’s an honor.”
But his win didn’t come easy. Polesitter Colton Young took the lead on the start and held off Jim Still and then Laughman for the first 11 laps. Laughman pulled up beside Young on lap 11 and made the pass in turns one and two of lap twelve.
Young held off the charges of Steven Cox and Jim Still who were battling for third and right on Young’s rear bumper. Still won the battle for third with Cox and J.B. Cunningham completing the top five.
Michael Boer won the lone heat for the 12 270cc Micro Sprints.
Justin Oberlin came from eighth-starting spot to claim his first career win in the 12-lap Strictly Stock feature. Pat Reindollar started on the pole and led the first 10 laps before Oberlin was able to get under Reindollar to take the lead.
Reindollar was first pressured by Michael Young before Oberlin took second from Young on lap 7 and set his sights on Reindollar. Reindollar and another car made contact giving second to Young with Alan Shoff third, Randy Crunkilton fourth and Reindollar fifth.
Daryl Hanson led all but lap 14 of the 15-lap Limited Stock feature. Terry Hartlaub battled his way through the field to pass Hanson for the lead following a lap 13 restart. The caution came out again with one lap remaining with Hartlaub as the leader. Hanson pulled up beside Hartlaub and the two traded the lead during the final circuit with Hanson coming out on top.
Hartlaub was second with Ricky Weaver, Jr., Sarah Redmond, and Nick McDaniel completing the top five.
Brad Kress dominated the 12-lap Scramble Car feature to claim his second win of the season. At the finish, Kress had more than a half lap lead over second and third place finishers John Shorb, Jr. and Eugene Conlee.
Next Friday (5/25), Trail-Way Speedway will host the Insinger Fuels Spring Championship for the358 Sprint Cars. Also on the schedule are the Extreme Stocks and Limited Stocks. Gates open at 5:30 p.m. and racing begins at 7:30 p.m.
Next Saturday (5/26), Trail-Way will host the 600cc and 270cc Micro Sprints. Also on the schedule are the Limited Stocks, Scramble Cars, and Strictly Stocks. Gates open at 4:30 p.m. with racing beginning at 6:30 p.m.
For all the latest news and related information from Trail-Way Speedway, fans are reminded to visit the speedway website at www.trail-wayspeedway.com. The complete story and agate from each race night is posted shortly after the final checkered falls.
Trail-Way Speedway May 19, 2012
600cc Micro Sprints
Feature (20 Laps)
1. 1-Shawn Seifert; 2. 19-Todd Hoover; 3. 13-Bo Gordon; 4. 12-JD Harman; 5. 89-Chase Dietz; 6. 58-Josh Mehring; 7. 17-Brad Weber; 8. 10-Jeremy Glass; 9. 10W-Spencer Wassilewski; 10. 4C-Cheyenne Topper; 11. 77-Larry Thompson; 12. 14K-Hannah Riser; 13. 29-Dustin Stimeling; 14. 87-Buddy Hines(DNF); 15. 84-Colton Laughman(DNF); 16. 88-Brett Widener(DNF); 17. 07-Travis Scott(DNF); 18. 17D-David Holbrook(DNF). No Time.
Lap Leaders- Shawn Seifert (1-20).
Heat 1 (8 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 84-Colton Laughman; 2. 13-Bo Gordon; 3. 12-JD Harman; 4. 89-Chase Dietz; 5. 88-Brett Widener; 6. 58-Josh Mehring; 7. 17D-David Holbrook; 8. 14K-Hannah Riser; 9. 29-Dustin Stimeling. Time 2:04.38.
Heat 2 (8 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 77-Larry Thompson; 2. 1-Shawn Seifert; 3. 19-Todd Hoover; 4. 07-Travis Scott; 5. 17-Brad Weber; 6. 10W-Spencer Wassilewski; 7. 10-Jeremy Glass; 8. 4C-Cheyenne Topper; 9. 87-Buddy Hines. Time 2:06.31.
270cc Micro Sprints
Feature (20 Laps)
1. 2-Bill Laughman; 2. 17-Colton Young; 3. 8-Jim Still; 4. 58-Steven Cox; 5. 75-J.B. Cunningham; 6. 22-Michael Boer; 7. 16-Matt Campbell; 8. 12K-Teddy Volz; 9. 29K-Misti Kopp(DNF); 10. 22J-Angela Caruso(DNF); DNS: 24-Brent Bull; 82-Joey Long. No Time.
Lap Leaders- Colton Young (1-11), Bill Laughman (12-20).
Heat 1 (8 Laps/All to Qualify)
1. 22-Michael Bower; 2. 16-Matt Campbell; 3. 58-Steven Cox; 4. 8-Jim Still; 5. 2-Bill Laughman; 6. 22J-Angela Caruso; 7. 17-Colton Young; 8. 75-J.B. Cunningham; 9. 24-Brent Bull(DNF); 10. 12K-Teddy Volz(DNF); DNS: 82-Joey Long; 29K-Misti Kopp. No Time.
Feature (12 Laps)
1. 88-Justin Oberlin; 2. 75-Michael Young; 3. 22-Alan Shoff; 4. 0-Randy Crunkilton; 5. 68-Pat Reindollar; 6. 28-Dale Arnold; 7. 21-Wesley Kellison; 8. 98-Doug Sheeler; 9. 17-Travis Brown; 10. 13-Joshua Spangler(DNF). No Time.
Lap Leaders- Pat Reindollar (1-10), Justin Oberlin (11-12).
Saturday Limited Stocks
Feature (15 Laps)
1. 5-Daryl Hanson; 2. 92-Terry Hartlaub; 3. 21-Ricky Weaver, Jr.; 4. 96-Sarah Redmond; 5. 15-Nick McDaniel; 6. 11-Michael Kolodiej; 7. 57-Frank Helwig; 8. 17-Brian Blank, Jr.; 9. 72-Tad Haugh; 10. 94-Kenny Startzman; 11. 58-Douglas Smith; 12. 98-Daniel Hamm, Jr.; 13. 70-Jimmy Tyson; 14. 81-Tyler Gastley(DNF); DNS: 55-Eugene Conlee. No Time.
Lap Leaders- Daryl Hanson (1-13, 15), Terry Hartlaub (14)
Feature (12 Laps)
1. 56-Brad Kress; 2. 13-John Shorb, Jr.; 3. 5-Eugene Conlee; 4. 29-Brett Small(DNF); 5. 81-Ricky Weaver, Jr.(DNF); 6. 55-Frank Helwig(DNF); 7. 88-Justin Oberlin(DNF); 8. 11-Michael Kolodiej, Jr.(DQ). No Time.
Lap Leaders- Brad Kress (1-12).