Limaland Motorsports Park
Friday, June 18, 2010
Bowen Wins 9th Annual Bobby Keysor Memorial
ALLENTOWN, Ohio -- For the Bowen father-son combination of Tim and his son Zach, the past two Budweiser Thunderstocks features at Limaland Motorsports Park have been something special. The Liberty Center, Ohio racers have taken the feature checkered flags and both events have been historic Memorial races.
Zach took home the top prize in the Steve Brown Memorial on June 4, while Tim’s complete dominance from start to finish allowed him to win the June 18th Bobby Keysor Memorial. The milestone conquest earned Tim Bowen an extra $1,000 and kept him in serious contention for the Budweiser Thunderstocks points championship.
Tim Bowen benefited from a front row starting position alongside UNOH Racers Kody Weisner, the track’s most recent feature winner in the stock division. Bowen used the outside starting slot to his advantage, bolting to the lead at the start and never being seriously challenged through the 15-lap battle.
Veteran Jim Post competed in a notable side-by-side racing segment with Weisner for the second running position, but neither came close to threatening Bowen’s hold on the lead. Bowen was equally impressive driving through lapped traffic from mid-race to the finish.
“The track was great. It was easy to drive. All I had to do was set there and steer,” said Bowen, adding to his season opening win and marking the sixth feature win of his Limaland career. “To win the Keysor is pretty awesome and I want to say a special thanks to the Keysor family. I was able to race with him (Bobby Keysor) years ago and always enjoyed it.”
At the race conclusion, Post took third with points leader Tony Anderson finishing second, diminishing the effect of Bowen’s victory on the overall points chase.
Track officials were faced with serious developing weather in the region and worked flawlessly through the early heat races in all three divisions as well as the B-mains. The Keysor Memorial was the only one of three scheduled features completed as blustery conditions and eventual rain forced organizers to clear the grandstands and postpone the remaining two features. The make up features for the K & N Modifieds and Elwer Fence Sprints will be run in their entirety on Friday July 2 in addition to the scheduled Firecracker Friday races.
The 28th Annual Ohio Sprint Speedweek presented by Elwer Fence will return to Limaland Motorsports Park on Friday, June 25 as the All-Star Circuit of Champions do battle along with the K & N UMP Modifieds. Pit gates open at 3 p.m. with spectator gates swinging open at 4 p.m.
Tickets for the Ohio Logistics 22nd Annual Brad Doty Classic presented by Racing Optics, on July 14, featuring the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series, are on sale now. Call the ticket hotline at 419-998-3199. Seating information, plus all the latest news and information about America’s premier quarter-mile dirt track, can be found at www.limaland.com. You can also find 2010 Limaland Motorsports Park on Facebook.
Elwer Fence Sprints
Heat 1 - (8 Laps - Top 4 Transfer)
1. 18-Todd Heuerman; 2. 6-Mike Dussel; 3. 34-Luke Hall; 4. 7C-Tim Hunter; 5. 4B-Andrew Bowsher; 6. 2M-Ethan Hoy; 7. 5W-Jeff Williams
Heat 2 - (8 Laps - Top 4 Transfer)
1. 28H-Hud Horton; 2. 6S-Jr Stewart; 3. 2H- Dallas Hewitt; 4. 6Z-Zach Ames; 5. 21-Traviis Hery; 6. 2-Brent Gehr; 7. 98-John Kettlewell
Heat 3 - (8 Laps - Top 4 Transfer)
1. 57-Mike Dunlap; 2. 1W-Kent Wolters; 3. 17-Jared Horstman; 4. B20-Butch Schroeder; 5. 22D-Dennis Yoakam; 6. 40-Bobby Clark; 7. 8K-Zack Kramer
Heat 4 - (8 Laps - Top 4 Transfer)
1. 7K-Kyle Sauder; 2. 11-Tim Allison; 3. 48-Tommy Kerce; 4. 10-Pete Ischi; 5. 4J-Bob Gehr Jr.; 6. 10J-Jarrod Delong; 7. 35-Stuart Brubaker
Sprint B-Main - (10 Laps - Top 4 Transfer)
1. 22D - Dennis Yoakam, 2. 8K - Zack Kramer, 3. 40 - Bobby Clark, 4 .35 - Stuart Brubaker, 5.4J - Bob Gehr Jr., 6. 2M - Ethan Hoy, 7. 98 - John Kettlewell, 8. 2 - Brent Gehr, 9. 21 - Travis Hery, 10. 4 - Andrew Bowsher, 11. 10J - Jarrod Delong, 12. 5W - Jeff Williams D/Q
Sprint A -Main will be ran on July 2 (Double Features)
K&N UMP Modifieds
Heat 1 - (8 Laps - Top 5 Transfer)
1. 24-Zeke Mckenzie; 2. 45P-Brian Post; 3. 69-Tommy Beezley Ii; 4. L5-Casey Luedeke; 5. 33-Clint Reagle; 6. 23C-Ryan Cripe; 7. 20K-Bill Keeler; 8. 36-Kelly Bowlby; 9. 65-Todd Sherman
Heat 2 - (8 Laps - Top 5 Transfer)
1. OO-John Brooks; 2. 22B-Andy Bibler; 3. 19-Ryan Ordway; 4. 1-Andy Strait; 5. O3-Cory Seeling; 6. 15-Nick Katterhenry; 7. 28-Chad Rosenbeck; 8. 35C-Tim Cornett; 9. 47-Jim Eklund
Heat 3 - (8 Laps - Top 5 Transfer)
1. 42-Bob Baldwin; 2. 22T-Tony Anderson; 3. O1-Chris Puskas; 4. 5X-Shawn Bayliff; 5. 17-Nick Rosselit; 6. 25-Josh Lolmaugh; 7. F16-Jake Ruefer; 8. 40-Terry Hull
Dash - (6 Laps - Top - Transfer)
1. 15-Nick Katterhenry; 2. OO-John Brooks; 3. 42-Bob Baldwin; 4. 36-Kelly Bowlby
Modified B-Main - (8 Laps - Top 5 Transfer)
1. 65-Todd Sherman; 2. 40-Terry Hull; 3. 15-Nick Katterhenry; 4. 23C-Ryan Cripe; 5. 28-Chad Rosenbeck; 6. 20K-Bill Keeler; 7. 25-Josh Lolmaugh; 8. 36-Kelly Bowlby; 9. 35C-Tim Cornett; 10. F16-Jake Ruefer; 11. 47-Jim Eklund
Modified A -Main will be ran on July 2 (Double Features)
Bud Thunderstock A-Main - Bobby Keysor Memorial
1. 7B - Tim Bowen, 2. 22T - Tony Anderson, 3. 58P - Jim Post, 4. 01W - Earnie Woodard, 5. 71 -Keith Ralston