Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Motorsports 2012 is Just About Everything Imaginable Squeezed into a 225,000 Square Foot Expo Center
by Ernie Saxton
OAKS, Pa. -- It’s here!!! Motorsports 2012 Presented by SEF Small Engine Fuels Race Car and Trade Show will get the green flag on Friday, January 20th at 2 p.m. when the doors open and 225,000 square feet of just about everything imaginable is unveiled in the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA. It is the 27th annual edition of this huge motorsports show produced by Len Sammons and staff.
“Display space is sold out for the show. We have squeezed in as much about motorsports as we possibly can,” said Sammons. “We are expecting big attendance numbers and the show could possibly be a record breaker.”
The three day show, closing at 4 p.m. on Sunday, January 22nd, gives attendees the opportunity to chat with and collect autographs from some of the biggest names in motorsports. Included will be four time NASCAR Camping World Truck Series champion Ron Hornaday, five time NASCAR Sprint Cup championship crew chief Chad Knaus, past NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Matt Kenseth, former NASCAR standout and now SPEED TV personality Jimmy Spencer, drag racing legend “Grumpy”Jenkins, sprint car Hall of Famers Doug Wolfgang and Brad Doty, SPEED TV personality John Roberts and many local and regional racers.
A ticket to the show gives visitors a chance to see more than 250 race vehicles on display and visit hundreds of vendors offering something for everyone.
During the course of the three days there will be:
* A variety of FREE seminars covering a number of subjects that relate to the sport
* Big Wheel racing for the kids (on Metal Fab Sunday). No need to bring a Big Wheel
* The BPG Racing Ms. Motorsports Pageant on Saturday, 8 p.m.
* Little Miss and Tiny Miss Motorsports Pageant on Sunday at 1 p.m.
* Nazareth Speedway Reunion with more than three dozen drivers on hand to sign a special commemorative poster
* A number of book authors offering copies of their book and signing autographs
* Top Northeastern Race Winners Autograph Session with commemorative poster
* DISCOVERY TV’s Russ Newberry of the “Deadliest Catch”
* RAACE Charity Auction
* And so much more
Daily admission to the show for adults is just $14 while youngsters 5 thru 12 pay $5. A three day adult ticket is $30 and youngsters pay $15. However on Metal Fab Sunday admission for youngsters 12 and under is FREE. And there is ample free park convenient to the hall.
A complete show schedule, directions and other information can be found at www.aarn.com. And if you have specific questions you can call 609.888.3618.