Wednesday, August 15, 2012
'Tennessee State Championship' Wraps up Weekly NASCAR Racing at Kingsport Speedway on Aug. 17
by Robert Walden
KINGSPORT, Tenn. -- The 2012 Kingsport Speedway racing season began back on a sunny Saturday afternoon in March, and the curtains will close on weekly racing Friday, Aug. 17 with the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series Tennessee State Championship at "The Concrete Jungle."
Highlighting the Tennessee State Championship will be the Tri-Cities 150 for the headlining "Dalton Direct Carpets" Late Model Stock division, with twin 75-lap features paying $1,500 each to win presented by Pizza Plus, Walgreens and Five Star Race Car Bodies. Also in action will be the "Absolute Plumbing" Street Stock, Pure 4, Legends, and Rookie Pure 4 classes as points champions will be crowned in all divisions.
The pit gate opens Friday, Aug. 17 at 12 p.m. (noon), with the grandstands and tier-parking gates opening at 5:45 p.m. Practice is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m., to be followed by qualifying at 7 p.m. After the invocation and national anthem at 8 p.m., the green flag will wave for the first feature at 8:05 p.m. at the .375-mile banked concrete oval.
Adult grandstand admission $15, with kids 12-and-under admitted free. Adult tier-parking admission $15 per person (plus a $10 vehicle parking spot fee), with kids 12-and-under admitted free.
Tell your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers all about the exciting, action-packed weekly "Friday Night Heat on the Concrete" racing programs at Kingsport Speedway. You don't want to miss it!
Following the Tennessee State Championship on Friday, Aug. 17, two additional races still remain at Kingsport Speedway. The Rev-Oil Pro Cup Series Food Country USA 250 presented by Mahle Motorsport will be held on Sunday afternoon, Aug. 26 (Bristol Motor Speedway NASCAR weekend), and on Saturday, Sept. 14 the United Auto Racing Association-Short Track Auto Racing Stars (UARA-STARS) will be in action.
*** NOTE: Open practice is scheduled at Kingsport Speedway on Thursday, Aug. 16 from 3 p.m. until dark. Pit admission $20 per person.
KINGSPORT SPEEDWAY DIVISIONAL POINT STANDINGS HEADING INTO FRIDAY, AUGUST 17, 2012
"DALTON DIRECT CARPETS" LATE MODEL STOCK
1. Nate Monteith #44-Blountville, TN - 485 (10 Wins)
2. Zeke Shell #97-Johnson City, TN - 449 (2 Wins)
3. Paul Nogradi Jr. #02-Clinton, TN - 423 (1 Win)
4. Ryan Stiltner #22-Grundy, VA - 388
5. Austin Peters #66-Kingsport, TN - 377
6. Lee Tissot #7-Asheville, NC - 376 (1 Win)
7. Royce Peters #38-Kingsport, TN - 368
8. Hayden Woods #87-Piney Flats, TN - 367
9. Anthony Anders #36-Easley, SC - 339
10. Blake Jones #80-Sevierville, TN - 334
Daniel Pope II #16-Smyrna, TN (3 Wins)
Adam Long #3-Pounding Mill, VA (1 Win)
"ABSOLUTE PLUMBING" STREET STOCK
1. Roger Neece #22-Clintwood, VA - 468 (10 Wins)
2. Rob Austin #25-Castlewood, VA - 438 (1 Win)
3. Chris Tunnell #6-Wise, VA - 390 (1 Win)
4. Tony Ward #7-Kingsport, TN - 363
5. Jared Broadbent #74-Spruce Pine, NC - 355 (2 Wins)
John Harrell #19-Surgoinsville, TN - (1 Win)
Greg Grindstaff #3-Bakersville, NC - (1 Win)
1. Jason Ketron #28-Kingsport, TN - 450 (4 Wins)
2. John Ketron #26-Kingsport, TN - 440 (7 Wins)
3. Chris Neeley #94-Kingsport, TN - 437 (3 Wins)
4. Keith Helton #9-Kingsport, TN - 392 (1 Win)
5. Jeremy Hughes #57-Kingsport, TN - 351
Lewis Slagle #9-Asheville, NC (1 Win)
1. Tyler Goodwin #64-Kingsport, TN - 536 (16 Wins)
2. Adam Gray #37-Kingsport, TN - 471
3. Drew Shortridge #32-Abingdon, VA - 398
4. Hubert Whitehead #3-Burnsville, NC - 348
5. Greg Turner #64g-Nickelsville, VA - 331
Zack Walton #38-Blountville, TN (2 Wins)
ROOKIE PURE 4
1. Jimmy Hillard #74-Knoxville, TN - 470 (3 Wins)
2. Tim Abelseth #66-Bristol, TN - 428 (1 Win)
3. Robin Hughes #75-Kingsport, TN- 425 (1 Win)
4. Dylan Bates #6-Kingsport, TN - 407 (4 Wins)
5. Danny Pless #5-Kingsport, TN - 303
Jonathan Reed #51-Kingsport, TN (2 Wins)
Brandon Byington #11-Kingsport, TN (1 Win)
Pie Short #1-Abingdon, VA (1 Win)
Lee Shults #74s-Rogersville, TN (1 Win)
Ethan Presley #83-Kingsport, TN (1 Win)
Steve Skeen #55-Mount Carmel, TN (1 Win)
John McClanahan #33-Grundy, VA (1 Win)