Sunday, September 9, 2012
Trepanier Leads Quebec Team to Showdown Win
VALLEE-JCT., Quebec -- Dany Trepanier of St-Edouard, Quebec led the Série ACT Castrol team to a dominate win in the fifth annual “Showdown at Chaudiere 200” at Autodrome Chaudiere on Sunday, September 9. Trepanier earned $5,000 for the win plus the Castrol team picked up the $500 bonus for each of it team members with the overall win. Fellow Quebecer Karl Allard took second while Joey Polewarczyk, Jr. was the highest finishing ACT US competitor in third.
Patrick Laperle and Brian Hoar were in a three way battle with Polewarczyk over the final laps but had to settle for fourth and fifth respectively. Glen Luce, David Michaud, Patrick Hamel, Jean-François Déry and Randy Potter completed the top ten.
Trepanier was dominant after starting on the pole with a +4 in qualifying. He led 193 of the 200 laps after battling with Karl Allard early. He broke out to a straightaway lead during a couple of long green flag runs and cruised to victory. Laperle and Hoar both hit pit road on a couple of cautions before working their way back to the front late in the race.
The Série ACT Castrol team claimed their first Showdown overall win beating the ACT US team 84 to 129, the biggest margin by any winning team. Two ACT US teams did not return after the rainout on Saturday (Sept. 8), so the Castrol team got to drop their two lowest finishes so the combined was 10 versus 10. The 200 lap event saw eight cautions and was completed in 1 hour and 18 minutes.
Trepanier had already received an invite as an at large driver in the Bond Auto ACT Invitational at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, September 22. But now he has earned an official invite with his win and will receive an extra $500 as an Invitational qualifier.
The Série ACT Castrol will conclude their 2012 season next Sunday, September 16 with a 300 lap event at Autodrome St-Eustache in St-Eustache, Quebec. The ACT US teams will have next weekend off before many of them, along with many Castrol teams, head to the Bond Auto ACT Invitational as part of Cup weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday, September 22.
5th Annual Showdown at Chaudiere Unofficial Results
Autodrome Chaudiere – Vallee-Jct., QC
Sunday, September 9, 2012
Pos. (Start) Driver, Hometown, Team, Laps Completed
1. (1) Dany Trepanier, St-Edouard, QC, CAN, 200 Laps
2. (4) Karl Allard, Saint-Felicien, QC, CAN, 200 Laps
3. (7) Joey Polewarczyk Jr., Hudson, NH, USA, 200 Laps
4. (5) Patrick Laperle, St-Denis, QC, CAN, 200 Laps
5. (3) Brian Hoar, Williston, VT, USA, 200 Laps
6. (12) Glen Luce, Turner, ME, USA, 200 Laps
7. (10) David Michaud, St-An-des-Plns, QC, CAN, 200 Laps
8. (19) Patrick Hamel, Sainte-Croix, QC, CAN, 200 Laps
9. (8) Jean-Francois Dery, Quebec, QC, CAN, 200 Laps
10. (11) Randy Potter, Groveton, NH, USA, 200 Laps
11. (18) Patrick Cliche, St-Jean-Chry., QC, CAN, 200 Laps
12. (13) #Etienne Cliche, Vallee-Jonction, QC, CAN, 200 Laps
13. (21) Wayne Helliwell Jr., Dover, NH, USA, 200 Laps
14. (14) Jonathan Bouvrette, Blainville, QC, CAN, 199 Laps
15. (20) Rowland Robinson, Jr., Birch Harbor, ME, USA, 199 Laps
16. (2) Claude Leclerc, Lanoraie, QC, CAN, 198 Laps
17. (22) Spencer MacPherson, Carleton Place, ON, USA, 198 Laps
18. (17) Gaetan Lauzier, St-Pacôme, QC, CAN, 197 Laps
19. (15) #Jimmy Hebert, Williamstown, VT, USA, 57 Laps
20. (9) Jean-Paul Cyr, Milton, VT, USA, 57 Laps
21. (16) Cris Michaud, E. Montpelier, VT, USA, 57 Laps
22. (6) Donald Theetge, Boischatel, QC, CAN, 55 Laps
Lap Leader: Dany Trepanier, 1-31; Karl Allard, 32-36; Trepanier, 37-55; Allard, 56-57; Trepanier, 58-200.
Time of Race: 1:18:24
Margin of Victory: 1.555 seconds
Cautions: 8 (Lap 19, 21, 31, 55, 57, 128, 173, 174)
Heat Winners: Jean-Paul Cyr, Patrick Laperle, Donald Theetge